Every piece of Joule Shop jewelry is made with care from the finest materials by skilled craftsman. We realize that your jewelry purchases represent an investment. The following instructions will help you properly care for your investment so that it can last a lifetime.
Gold Care Instructions:
- Remove all gold jewelry before showering, bathing, or washing. Exposure to soap and chemicals can cause a film to form on jewelry making it appear dull and dingy.
- Avoid wearing gold jewelry in chlorinated pools, especially hot tubs as the elevated temperature along with the chlorine can cause permanent discoloration of the gold.
- Store jewelry in a clean, dry place using separate compartments or dividers to protect your pieces from incidental scratches. A fabric lined jewelry box or case works well but if using ordinary boxes, we recommend wrapping each piece individually in a soft material.
- Grease can be removed by dipping your gold jewelry in plain rubbing alcohol.
- To wash gold jewelry, create a mixture of warm water and a few drops of mild dish detergent. Soak jewelry in water and soap mixture for up to 3 hours and gently rub with fingers or a cotton swab. If jewelry has a lot of intricate details or is not smooth, a soft bristle child’s toothbrush can be used to gently brush the jewelry clean. Take care to brush softly to avoid scratching the jewelry.
- Rinse jewelry off with warm water to remove all traces of suds and dry with a soft cloth or leave out to air dry, usually overnight.
- Jewelry with stones, diamonds, or precious stones, should not be soaked and washed as described above.
- Do not wash jewelry more than a few times in a year as overcleaning can cause metal to breakdown, ruining your jewelry.
- There are many commercial cleaners available for purchase to help clean your jewelry. Please be sure to thoroughly research any cleaning product before using on your fine jewelry.
- Ultrasonic cleaners can also be used on certain types of jewelry but extra care must be taken with fragile items or jewelry with gemstones. Consult with your local jeweler about best ultrasonic cleaning methods before utilizing one.
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.Browse WishlistRemove Wishlist